Thank you for your interest in employment at OPHI. We will post job and and internship opportunities as they become available. Please check back often.
OPHI has no open positions at this time.
About the Internship Program
Interns will gain insight into the public health field through advocacy and policy-making and help to promote health in Oregon by assisting with projects under the guidance of experienced professionals in one of the following areas:
- Healthy Community Planning
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Schools
- Healthy Childcare
- Health Insurers & Businesses
- Coalitions and Partnerships
- Worksite Wellness
Our interns will work in our downtown Portland location. Interns work under the direct supervision of the coordinator of a project. Internship projects may be tailored to the specific interests of the intern provided that they match the nees of existing project areas.
Continuing graduate student in public health, public policy, urban planning, economics, sociology, or related fields. The following is a list of general qualifications; specific qualifications will be described for each internship job description.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research, as well as the ability to organize and communicate research findings
- Commitment to economic and social equality issues
- Policy/advocacy experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive computer skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume and cover letter describing why you are a good fit for the position to email@example.com. Please include position title in subject heading.